Friday, May 2, 2014

I'm not in Fontana any more...

So cool news, Brother Bunnel is going to like this....I was transferred to Reconquista!!! :D
Super excited!!


Saying Goodbye to Elder Sufia ...what an awesome companion!!
Goodbye Fontana!
Oh, but I really miss my old area. I really got close to many of the members there as well as the area. I know it better than the back of my hand. I didn´t think I would be sad to leave, but now that I am gone, I really miss it.

I also really miss Elder Sufia.  He was super fun.  We got along really well. and he taught me so much. I just seems like those 6 weeks really flew by. He is a great missionary.

Hermanas Loli & Damaris
The Junco Family

My Fontana Zone is cool !!
...and I am cool too ;-)


Hello Reconquista!
5 hour trip to Reconquista!
The difference between Fontana and Reconquista is quite dramatic. I went from clapping my hands to introduce myself at the entrance of mud and brick houses, to talking through intercoms to people living in mansions!

But I already love it here.  And compared to Fontana, it's SUPER NICE!  I mean, they actually have PAVED roads here ...like everywhere.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm back in the States again ...no joke.  It's clear that all the people here are well off.

My desk is way nicer than my last place!



I live essentially in the city center, not exactly, but really close.  My pension is super nice ...WAAAAAYY better than my last.  I live with 3 other Elders which makes it super fun.

My bed - bottom right
But with the good also comes the bad.  I can tell that the work here is going to be very different than in Fontana.  The acceptance rate is way lower than it was in Fontana, so I suppose I'll have to adapt to it.

But I'm not going to let that stop me ...my goal is to improve the work in this area. ;)  Right now we have 3 investigators....and I am about to drop 2 of them.  But we'll see how it goes this next week. ;)

Elder Thomas and I
My new comp is Elder Thomas.  He is cool.  He has one less transfer than I do, and he's been here for 2 transfers already ...and this will be his 3rd.  I'm convinced we'll be good companions.  ...I'm super excited to work with Elder Thomas! :D

I haven't met too many members yet in this area, but the ones I have met are pretty cool ...they feed us 4 out of 7 days, so that's awesome. :)


Scripture & Preach My Gospel
Scripture of the week: Mathew 18:12-13

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

I really it because it shows that God doesn't expect perfection. None of us are what we know we should be. But that is what Christ came for, to help us achieve what we are destined to be. God only expects that we progress with the help of Christ.

PMG, page 63
I was reading a little bit in Chapter 3, lesson 3, about repentance. It caught my attention that we show our love to God not only through obedience, but also through daily repentance. Every day should be a step of repentance and one step closer to perfecting ourselves. That is what repentance is, continual progression.


Mother's Day
Oh ya! Mothers day! I will Skype home on the 11th. I don`t know what time yet, nor exactly how we'll do it.  I'll try to figure something out, but just to be safe, can you get me a calling card with all the information and the directions so I can call you if I can´t find a member with internet access? Thanks so much!

Well, that's all. Love you all very much ...and I love my mission!

Elder Travis Clemons