Monday, May 5, 2014

Rain, rain, go away...

Hola!

Scripture: John 15:1-2

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

What really caught my attention about this scripture was the word purgeth. God will cut down (prune or thin) the branches that bear fruit, so that they produce more fruit.  God will sometimes cut us down (even when we are good and righteous) just so that he can mold us and make us that much more successful.

PMG: Chapter 3, Section 1
I was reading in Chapter 3, Section 1, about the restoration. How God called Joseph Smith to be a prophet, gave him the authority of the priesthood, and called de nuevo 12 apostles. In our Church, we believe in the same organization that Christ formed.  And we believe God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  The ancient Church was lost, its leaders killed, the priesthood killed off with the early apostles.  And so it was necessary for a restoration, to recreate it in its original form ...and to do so under His direct guidance (modern revelation), with His authority (priesthood), and through His designated mouth-piece: His prophets and apostles.


This week has been raining sooooo much. The roads have literally been rivers ...I have worn my rain boots nearly all week. 

So the investigator situation is a little tough. Of the 3 we had, we had to drop one, one left his wife and moved out, and the other one doesn't want to get married. Sooooo, it is literally step one right now. The area is very different from my last, the people here are a lot more stubborn. Contacting door-to-door doesn't really work. So this week we've focused a lot on working with members.  For now, just visiting them and getting to know them, and from time to time asking them to acompany us to a lesson.

We managed to receive 10 referencias de los miembros. So we will see where these go. I suspect I will learn a lot about patience and working with members in this area ...hahaha.

So one of the Elders in my apartment has this super fun game called Munchkins. We play it in nearly every free moment, which means on p-days and the 15 minutes we have before bed. It's a lot of fun. I am going to buy it when I get home. :D

C'ya Sunday when I Skype home for Mother's Day!  :D


Chau!!
Elder Clemons