Monday, May 19, 2014

Up at 1:30 with honey bananna pancakes, dulce de leche, y syrup ...heaven :D

Breakfast this morning @ 1:30am!!   Pancakes with honey banannas, dulce de leche, y syrup ...heaven :D

Hola Todos!!

We had to get up at 1:30am to get to Corrientes !
So I finally got a call to go to Corrientes to do some Visa stuff. I went with Elder Goycochea (another Elder from my zone) this last Thursday.  Unfortunately, we had to get up at 1:30am :P to get to Resistencia by 6 so Elder Goycochea could do some other pre-Visa things.  While there, I just chilled in the office with the Assistants.

I hung with the APs in the Resistencia office waiting for Elder Goycochea















...and then from there we headed to Corrientes!

It was such a fun trip, loved it! Corrientes is a beautiful city! And all we really had to do there was to sign a couple papers and get finger printed ...which took a grand total of like only 10 minutes :D


Wow, I love hamburgers!
After we were done, we all went to this burger shop and bought some hamburgers, super good!!!

Then we went back to the bus terminal to buy a ticket back to Reconquista ...but the earliest one left at 4:45 ...so we had to wait the rest of the day before we could head home. Sweet!

We took the opportunity to just roam around the city, take pictures and such. It was nice. In fact, my favorite "P-day" so far (even though it wasn't considered one, hahaha)




Same cathedral as Bro Bunnel 25 years ago!
Church headquarters in Reistencia @ 6am
Reconquista is a really nice place. Yep, statue's still here Bro Bunnell :)
Corrientes from the bridge
























Preach My Gospel (Spanish pg 66)
I was reading chapter 3, section 3, about enduring to the end. I read a phrase that was cool which says (poorly translated) "If we continue in the path with patience and faithfulness, we will gain eternal life." The word "patience" jumped out at me. So I continued reading about patience in Chapter 6 which says "patience is to bear delays, problems, opposition, and suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, nor anxious." This just testifies to me that though throughout life there will always be trials, we just have to bear them with patience and faithfulness to have eternal life. 

Scripture Helaman 10: 4-5 
Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
This is what I hope God will one day think of me. That I put forth my full effort into this work ...so much so that He has blesses me with power and the constant companionship of His spirit. 



Bleeding my finger
So funny story about my finger. It got so painful that I called the area doctor.  He told me it hurt so much because of the high blood pressure ...that the blood had to leave my finger. So he told me to heat up a little iron rod/wire ...and burn it through my fingernail and finger. And so that's what I did! :D  ...see those little holes. Didn't hurt too bad, and I got a pretty cool video of it! So thankfully it feels better now, but I suspect it'll fall off pretty soon :(
...taking every opportunity to be a missionary  ;-)
I know the church is true. I've never doubted it, nor shall I ever. I love the church and Christ who is at its head so much. It has brought me much happiness. I don't care how many people reject me, I have a powerful message that is the single most important message that they can hear. I will contintue to proclaim it loudly and boldly.

I love my family, and I know that this message is the greatest blessing for my family. Christ's church is a church of the family. I Love them. :)

Love Elder Clemons