Monday, August 25, 2014

Elderes K-Pos

Brother Agonil baptised Mirian, Miceala, y Leonardo last Saturday, August 23!
Hola Familia!

This week was super awesome! ...and went by super fast!

First off, Mirian, Miceala, y Leonardo got baptized on Saturday!!! :D It was probably the happiest baptismal service I have ever attended. They were all truly happy, and the Spirit was really strong.

I have really grown to care a lot for this family. I have worked with them from day one, and I am so grateful to God that he permitted me to stay here long enough to see them take their first steps toward God. And it's wonderful to see the obvious new blessings in people's lives as they draw nearer to God. ...God be thanked for all the miracles He worked through us.

And I'm happy to report that the baptisms went quite smoothly :-)  And the dad even went to the service!! He is HUGE!!! He can like eat me. But he came to support his family. Annnnnnd he loved it!!

"Elderes K-Pos" means cool elders :-)
He said he especially loved the “Elderes Capos” cake we made! He come up to me and said in English, “I like....cake” YA!
And we were able to set up a Family Night with his family and the Agonil family. Brother Agonil is also the one who performed the baptisms. Hopefully we'll have more opportunities to work with the Dad and help him see the real blessings of the gospel!




Corrientes
So a lot went down this week. We literally had like no time to work because we were constantly traveling. On Wed we had to get up at 1:30 am again to ride up to Corrientes to do some paper work for Elder Conway. We got there at like 8 and finished at 9; so we had almost 4 hours of free time to go site-seeing because our bus didn’t leave until 1:30 pm. We first went to the river (not really a beach, just some piers) and took some pictures and relaxed.

Clearly,  "Elder Clemons" was here :D
...kinda' like the Vegas strip!
And then afterwards we went to this one long street that had a bunch of stores and mini shops and stuff. It reminded me a lot of the Vegas strip ...without all the bad stuff. So that was super fun. We took a lot of photos, tried several random foods, etc.

Then we took our bus home which got us back at around 6, and we went to work until 9:30.


Zone Conference
The very next day we went to Saen Peña. We once again had to get up at 2 am in order to be there by 10. Oh, I was so dead tired. But it was really uplifting. We had a multi-zone meeting where president gave us a lot of good training and such. I learned a lot about how to work with members and recent converts.

...and we had pizza for lunch!! Woot! I love pizza!



Then we set off for good old Reconquista. ...and got back at 12:30 am :P  I'm sure you can image how dead tired I was ...2 days straight without proper sleep. Eh.


So FYI, we have transfers this coming week.  But I think I'm going to stay here with Elder Conway to finish his training, but who knows ...I’m rarely right. ;)


Welp, that is all I have for you this week. I just want to let you know that I love my mission. Sure there are always trials, trials that sometimes shake your soul.  But I know what I am doing is good and true.

I love serving here in Argentina and love testifying to the people about the Lord's restored gospel. I try hard to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. And when I succeed, it's one of the greatest feelings knowing that the Lord can use you.

I know that the restored gospel is true, that Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God, and that the Book of Mormon is true.

Love you all so much!