Monday, March 30, 2015

It looks like my will, Pr Franco's will, and the Lord's will were all aligned!!!

Elder Caceras is from Uraguay
He's super cool!
So I got everything I could have possible wanted for this transfer. I was "hinting" at Pres. Franco for a couple of weeks now to put me in as a trainer and to let me train the Uruguayo, Elder Caceras  ...and bueno, it looks like my will, Pres. Franco's will, and the Lord's will were all in-line ...because I am super happy to report that I am now his companion!! :D BAAAAAHHHH!!

He is super cool, and speaks just like the Argentines do.  From what I understand, life and language in Uruguay is basically a mirror of Argentina. They drink mate, speak en Vos, everything. Elder Caceras is a really determined missionary, and he's humble and really obedient. Back home, he went out a lot with the missionaries in his ward, so even though he's relatively new in the mission, he's already an excellent missionary with a strong desire to serve and he already knows how to do the work.

Reconquista
It feels so weird to be back in Reconquista, everything is the same. I am living in the same apartment, have the same keys, the same phone, I already know the members, the street names, just everything. Soooo weird.

But sadly, right now we only have one investigator named Carolina.  She is super sweet; but I feel bad for her because she's passing through some hard times right now.  I hope she lets us help her, and let's the gospel enter her life.

Needless to say, being in church was hilarious.  All the members walked in, started shaking the hands of the missionaries, and when they got to me, they just went into a shock. Hahaha. Everyone was like "No puede ser" ("It can't be"), "volvió?" ("you came back?")  Uhhh ...ya, I did!  It was a really warm welcome.  And it felt good to be back among friends :)

But the greatest thing of all was seeing the familia Micheli again!! They are soooooo active in the church!! YES!!! I was sooooo happy to see them, and them me!!! :D :D :D  Their passion would impress anyone, anywhere.  They feed all the Elders lunch whenever we show up (and that's no small thing).  And the kids Micaela y Leo get up at 5:30 everyday for Seminary.  The entire family helps with missionary work; they come frequently with us to visit with investigators and even to do some street or door contacting. Andres, the dad, gives lessons in Priestood the 3rd hour, regularly does his home teaching, and in a couple of days......is GOING TO RECIEVE THE MELCHIZEDEC PRIESTHOOD!!!

Wow, it's very rewarding to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ bless the lives of those who choose to follow Him.  D&C 18:15-16 really rings true to me now.

 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!


I have never been so happy in my whole mission.

My new district ...love these awesome missionaries!!

I'm super pumped for conference.  They put all the English-speakers in the "Gringo Room." We do a lot of laughing, we get spiritually fed ...and we're physically fed too, they bring us tons of snacks the whole time.  So ya, I'm super pumped for conference. :D

Pray for us.  Pray that we find more families to teach.  Pray that our investigators each get what they need as they listen to prophets and apostles teach us.

I love the mission! Chau!!

Elder Clemons