Monday, May 26, 2014

Colder than a Klondike campout...


It took me a while, but I finally found a sign for the city of Reconquista!!


So this week was better than last week. Roconquista is muy duro. It is VERY rare when people allow us into their homes. But this week we had success! ...including 1 investigator at church! I know that sounds low, but it's actually high hahah! :D YAY!!

We also met a man named Luis who's in his 50's and lives with his daughter.  Although he's a little slow, he is very sincere about his desire to learn and grow closer to God. He is our only progressing investigator right now, so please pray for him. I feel that he will be our next baptism, and he currently has a date for the 14th!

We also taught a first lesson with two women, a mother and daughter named Graciela y Janina. They give me hope as well. It was only a first lesson, but one of the most exhilarating I have had during my time here in Reconquista. So I would ask that you pray for them as well ...aannnnd that we find more people. ;)

Scripture - Moroni 7:48
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
Charity is the pure love of Christ. And it is a commandment of God that we try to develop this kind of love. We must do as Moroni invites and pray to God that we are filled with kind of love. Love for ourselves, for others, and for God. 

Preach My Gospel (Spanish, page 124)
And this scripture goes perfectly with PMG 124 about talks about Charity. It says that if "we follow  and continually do good works, our love will grow, especially for those we work for." Simple enough. Since I want to grow my love for others, I pray constantly to God to be filled with this type of love. I suspect true love is found in service.


I'm wearing a sweater 'cause it's getting COLD down here!
Elder Thomas and I received a "best smile in the mission" award



So it is getting kinda' cold here lately. I bought a sweater that I now wear under my jacket. Have I said this already ...it is freezing!!  I bet it's colder than that one Klondike campout when all those scouts went home ...that was nothing ;-) I challenge those scouts to come down here: Argentina winter with like 150% humidity (I promise it's possible) is a killer; it'll show you what real cold is. Super penetrating.  Oh, and uh ...I really miss central heating.

But I do love my mission. I realize intellectually that every missionary obviously has ups and downs, but in reality my mission's been nothing but "up" so far. I've heard that many returned missionaries say their mission was the best two years of their life ...they're not lying because it is.  I love it! :)

True happiness is found in service to others, and even more so in service to God. I'm incredibly happy to be a missionary. I love what I do, and I live what I believe. I know it's true. I know Christ died and now lives for us. And I know that God called the young boy Joseph Smith to restore the original truths lost centuries earlier. The restored gospel blesses the family. I know it.

Loves all!!!

me

In front of Pereva's home.  (Bro Bunnel knows them)
Another view of Pereva's home












The local church building in Reconquista.  Pretty nice.