Monday, May 12, 2014

Thumbing our way to Sans Peña at 3:45am...

Me with President and Sister Heyman at a zone conference
Hola! and Happy Mothers day!! Loved Skyping home!! See ya at Christmas! :D

Thumbing our way to Sans Peña
So this week was super crazy...

On Tuesday, we went to Sans Peña, about 6 hours away. We had to get up and leave by 3:45am!!! :P Not fun. :P But after like 1 hour, the bus broke down!! So we were stranded for an hour in the middle of the night in the middle of no where!

I actually passed through my old area Fontana! It was really quite cool ...I miss that place.

But anyway, we had a really cool training opportunity in Sans Peña. Presidente was there, and we got trained on how to recognize the Holy Ghost, how to contact, and how to use members.

I also got to meet a lot of my old friends!! Elder Atwood, my comp from the MTC, Elder Cannon, Elder Hernandez, My Old Zone leader and now assistant Elder Perez, and just Old Missionaries from past zones! Really fun experience, loved it!

Elder Atwood!  My comp from the MTC!!
Elder Ayala
Elder Cannon
Elder Hernandez, my old Zone Leader
Elder Perez, AP
So the work here in Reconquista is pretty tough ...I'm struggling to find new people to teach. But we have found a couple of people to teach, so we will see where that goes. :) And we also have some members working on setting up appointments with their friends.

One of our investigators is Melina. She is super cool, but she just needs to get married, and HE doesn't want to. :P But she is so ready for baptism! But cool news, just yesterday she had her baby! Cute huh! But we need to get her married first! So we will be pushing a little for that. ;)



Preach My Gospel, page 172 (Spanish)
So like I have said, it is super hard to find people here in Recon to teach, so I've been studying a lot in PMG on how to find investigators. I read something that jumped out at me: it said that as I contact people and center my message on the family, I will find more people to teach. That's a promise from PMG ...if I talk about the family, I'll find more people to teach. 

Scripture of the Week
Omni 1:26

And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

I love this scripture. I found it as I was randomly flipping through pages during sacrament meeting. I love how it says come unto Christ and offer up your whole soul as an offering to Him. To live with Christ, we have to become like Him; and the only way to do that, is to give ourselves to Him and let Him mold us into a Christ-like disciple.


Bishop Juchau
Bishop Juchau is now Stake Presidente!??!  Dang. Wow!  He never really got a break.  But he is perfect for the job. :)

Ouch!
So I kinda had an accident yesterday just before Skyping; I slammed my index finger in a door. It didn't hurt at the time, but it's killing me now, and it's super black  ...way worse than when I took this picture.  I hope my fingernail doesn't fall out. :P




 

There was a really pretty sunset a couple nights ago. So I jumped up on our roof and snagged a few photos. Here out in the mission I have really grown an appreciation for nature and the beauty thereof. I like the sunrises and sunsets here.  Not having any mountains really makes them quite different, but spectacular. :)




Well, my finger really hurts, so I am going to bid you farewell. Just know that I love my mission and the work that I am doing. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but not even that is worth the happiness this work brings. I know the church is true, and I'll live what I cherish.

Love Elder Clemons!!

Chau!!!


...ok, one other funny experience: the zone leaders called the other Elders who live with us last night. And in mid-call, one of the Elders let out a super loud, blood curdling scream. It was hilarious. Everyone laughed -- including the Zone Leaders -- for like 10 minutes. OK now Chau!!