Monday, October 20, 2014

Skyping home ...again :D

Skyping home
Hi family!

It feels just like yesterday that I talked to you guys.  Aw, good times :-)

Those pics of Cafe Rio were just so painful ...you have no idea how much I love Cafe Rio. I want it so bad.

So good news, ANDRES MICHELI GOT BAPTIZED LAST SAT!!!!! GAHHH!!! I called the Zone Leaders over there to ask if all went well, and they said that he was the most spiritual, humble man they had ever interviewed!


Not nice, Brent!
Now there's a change!! At first, he wanted nothing to do with us ...to the point that he prevented his family from going to church and even just from talking with us! But look how the Spirit of the Lord works on a man.  Combined with patience, faith, and a bit of fasting, it completely changed a man's heart. A man who's this willing to listen to and follow the enticings of the Lord is sure to be a strong leader given a bit of time.  Pray for him and the ward in Resitencia.

I called Elder Conway to tell him the good news, and oh boy, was he happy!!

Man the work is soooo rewarding! I love my mission! :D


Elder León seems to have stepped in "it" ...yuck!!
So it is a little different being a Zone Leader ...I have no real clue what I'm supposed to do ...I've never really had any leadership experience. So whenever the missionaries in our zone call with questions or "situations", I just kinda' give 'em my best opinion, and hope for the best.  Hahaha. Seems to be working out so far :)

And so far, the stats for our zone seem to be increasing, so I guess that's good. One thing that's kinda' interesting is my old Zone Leader, Elder Parsons, is now in my zone. And he was such a good leader and teacher ...I can't wait to do exchanges with him to learn more from him. But now he has to call me for permission to do things instead of me calling him ...hahaha.



Saying goodbye to friends in Reconquista :-(
So this week we have interviews with president Franco ...which means that all the missionaries from our zone are going to meet him in a sort of  zone conference.  And he asked Elder León and me to do a presentation, and train the other missionaries for like 1.5 hours!!! What!??! The whole zone is going to be there, including the APs and Presidente!! Bah!!! I'm freaking out.  But I have studied the material now like 42 times, so I can ramble on any part of it forever. And we haven't had any free time to practice yet -- we're hoping to get one trial run in before everyone else arrives -- so wish us luck!

Regarding investigators, you may recall from last week's letter that we have 3 progressing investigators: David, Mirta y Joanna. David is a 10 year old kid and is the nephew of the ward mission leader. He is super cool and fun. We've enjoyed teaching him the missionary discussions. He is going to be baptized this Saturday!

Mirta y Joana are a mother and daughter. Mirta's baptismal date is tentatively November 15th.  But she's been giving shelter to a homeless man, and now she is having a hard time kicking him out. So we are working on a solution that will work for both of them.

Joanna's baptism is currently scheduled for the 25th, but she's having a few doubts.  We don't know what they are yet, but we have an appointment with them tomorrow to help her resolve them.  Pray for the Holy Ghost to be present as we teach her.

Well, that's about all I got. Love you all so much!!

Elder Clemóns!