Monday, June 16, 2014

Mundial




I got to play in the bounce house on my birthday!
Hola familia!!


So my birthday was good! My roommate Elders made this sweet banner for me ...all decorated and such, very cool!!


And just before the baptism -- more below -- there was a birthday party for the 1st counselor's 2-year old daughter. So they gave me a cupcake to celebrate my 20th and let me play in the bounce house. ;)
Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes last week.  Sure was nice to feel all the love :D





Luis was very happy to get baptized!


Luis's Baptism
So this week was pretty rewarding, obviously because Luis got baptized! :D Everything was perfect and went smoothly. He looked pretty cool all in white with a cane! He loved it. He cant wait to start spreading the good news of the Gospel to his family. And isn't that what conversion is all about? Spreading it to others? I love Luis!
...it was a good week. :) 


P.S. Javier fell through because his mom literally shipped him off to Buenos Aires and changed his phone number ...and yet he's 24.






Editor's Note:  I couldn't help it...
Mundial
So Mundial started this week ...and let me tell you, Argentines are crazy about soccer. Like, Crazy. There are flags everywhere, and that is all anyone talks about. Um, religion isn't exactly on their minds right now.  It is actually kinda' dangerous for us to be out during the games, so whenever Argentina plays we have to go back to our apartment.


Our zone has created a "march madness" bracket so we can track it all and make guesses. It's a good bit of fun; I'll take a picture next week. If your prediction's wrong, you lose and have to buy the winner(s) alfajores. I've never really liked soccer too much (but did enjoy playing as a kid), but now that I'm winning the bracket, it is kinda fun ;) Actually pretty good for a gringo who knows nothing about world wide soccer. ;)


So all in all. I love what I do. I love being a missionary and I love the Argentine people. I couldn't be happier. Pray that we find some more people. :D


Love alls!


Elder Clemons!


P.S. Hey, so it was Father's Day here yesterday. Don't know if it's the same over there, but just in case it is, Dad, I want to let you know how much I love you and that I thought a lot about you yesterday! :) Happy Argentine fathers day! :D  Love your favorite son, Travis!


P.P.S. We asked Travis, "Please tell us a little bit more about your day-to-day life."
His answer:  "I contact all day."