Monday, August 4, 2014

The Power of Member-Missionaries


Elder Conway and I bought some sick soccer jerseys!!

Hola Familia!!

This week was full of trials and tender mercies, just as every week in the mission. 

The familia M_______ is making great progress. We still haven't been able to meet with the father ...he just won't talk to us. But he is super ok with his family going to church and getting baptized :-) His childhood friend is the 1st counselor in our branch, so we have brought him multiple times to their house to talk with him and such, but he just hasn't made it out to talk to us. :P Apparently, he had a rough childhood, and his dad was strictly Catholic. But we're obviously not giving up! I am going to talk to the dad before I leave!!

We had a super successful family night at the home of the 1st counselor. We watched the Restoration video and after bore our testimonies. The testimonies of the 1st counselor and his wife were key. The Spirit must have really guided them in their words because they said exactly what the M______'s needed to hear. After todo, the M_____'s then bore their testimonies!! It was so cool! The son, L__, told us how reading the BoM has brought him closer to God, their daughter, M____, told us how she used to be afraid of the dark, but after kneeling and prayer, God strengthened her, and mom M_____ testified that her home is more peaceful. Powerful witnesses of conversion!  Made me so happy. :) 

I'm the Elder that takes care of all the apartment expenses,
so I always receive a ton of money every month!
Sadly, they were not able to come to church. :( M_____ got appendicitis Saturday night, and got operated on Sunday morning. :( I called the family, and we talked a little bit and set up a time where we could go over there and give M_____ a blessing. We are going over tonight with Hno A____ (the 1st counselor) so that he can give the blessing. That should be a powerful experience. I hope that their dad is there so that he can see his friend helping his family.
Although we had no investigators at church, we still had success ...a lot of it!

Besides our work with the M______s, we also had 2 inactive families at church ...families that haven't visited the church in months. We also had 2 baby blessings on Fast Sunday from these families! :) So, all in all, I think Sunday was a good day!

The kingdom of God is growing surely and steadily. :) 

Hey so there isn't much time. Just know that I appreciate your prayers on behalf on me, my comp, and those whom we teach. I ask that you continue to pray for us and the work we are doing.

I love my mission ...with both words and actions. I love it and wouldn't give it up for the world. I am putting everything I have into this work. I know it is true, and I know that happiness is found in service to our fellowmen.

Love you and thanks so much for your letters! 

Elder Clemons

Editor's note: regarding Travis's comments last week about starving, he now reports that he and his companion have received their money, and they're eating just fine :-)